Learning Center Program Coordinator
The Shafter Learning Center is part of the Shafter Education Partnership. It is a place dedicated to helping students in Shafter reach their full potential through education. The Learning Center Program Coordinator will oversee the operation of the facility.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for student registration, attendance data management, program materials and logistics. The Program Coordinator will act as a liaison to all employees and provide customer service to all parents and students.
- Maintain a professional and friendly atmosphere in the Center focused on delivering an excellent learning experience for students and families.
- Answer questions and solve problems for our customers.
- Manage classroom schedules, registration, attendance, and equipment use.
- Implement systems for distributing information to parents and instructors.
- Work closely with the Education Partnership Director and instructors.
- Passion for learning – for yourself and others. If growing skill and gaining knowledge is exciting to you, you are going to love this job.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. We have a lot going on. You will need to be efficient and rattle-proof.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- A high school diploma is required. Beyond that, many combinations of experience and education would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to qualify. Independent problem solving experience is important. Experience managing projects, working in customer service, supervision, and teaching would likely qualify.
This is an extremely important position. You will be making a contribution to one of the critical issues of our day and doing so in a brand new enterprise with opportunity for growth . The Learning Center is being built from the ground up to value learning and exploration. We expect the work of building such a place to be hard, fun, and meaningful. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Base monthly salary ranges from $3,509 to $4,266.
Read the full job description and download the application here. Complete and return to Shafter City Hall (336 Pacific) by March 19.